The aim of this workshop is to welcome the partners from EDUC-SHARE in Brno and discuss synergies between Cybersecurity topics and Open Science topics from different perspectives and different institutional perspectives. E.g., for 2023 crucial topic of synergies between cybersecurity and Open Science is the final draft of Cyber Resilience Act. Other aim is to connect the participants within the international area of expertise with IT lawyers and cybersecurity experts. For that reason, the second part of the workshop is attendance and realization of special tract at Cyberspace Conference 2023 held in Brno on 24. and 25. November 2023.
Date: 24-25 November 2023
Host: Masaryk University, Brno
· 9:00-12:00 Cybersecurity and Open Science Synergies morning at MU + excursion to KYPO – cybersecurity training facility of Masaryk University (https://cybersec.fi.muni.cz/lab-equipment)
o Keynote: Cyber Resilience act and its implication towards Open Source use in public sector and academia (Lucie Smolka, Jiří Marek) + discussion
o Topics for discussion: Cybersecurity research at MU and within the EDUC Alliance partners, Open Science support at each institution.
o Local speakers: Tomáš Plesník, Matěj Antol, Jiří Marek, Michal Růžička
o EDUC-SHARE speakers: Please suggest to Jiří Marek via email any idea for presentation, that you would like to share with other EDUC-SHARE colleagues regarding cybersecurity, open science or other relevant topic.
· 12:00-13:30 lunch
· 13:30-18:00: First day of Cyberspace Conference (https://cyberspace.muni.cz/)
· 18:00-21:00: Conference Reception
· All day: Cyberspace conference 2023 + conference dinner (19:00-22:00)
· There will be a special conference track called “Research Data and Open Source: Interoperability and Security”, that is specially designed for EDUC-SHARE partners (and other interested authors) to participate and submit your own paper/presentations (not obligatory, there will be also other international speakers with its talks, the program will be finished in August 2023). Please take a look at call for papers of Cyberspace conference and don’t hesitate till 31.7.2023 to submit your idea for presentation/paper. Also don’t hesitate to contact Jiří Marek, chair of this special track, if you have further questions. Indicative topics of the track: interoperability (Interoperable Europe Act), cross-border digital services in EU, Smart Cities/Smart Regions data, open data, research data, European data strategy, cybersecurity for open source technologies, responsible data handling, open science, open source, EOSC, EHDS, sharing economy, Re-use system management.
Other and Contacts
Main contact: Jiří Marek, Open Science manager MUNI, firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 602 570. 184
Participants will get:
· lunch on Friday 24.11.
· free entrance to the conference including lunch and coffee breaks and the conference reception on Friday and the conference dinner on Saturday.
· free city tour (Thursday 23.11. evening or Sunday 26.11. morning).
Participants have to:
· secure their own travel costs.
· secure their own accommodation.
For more information visit: https://cyberspace.muni.cz/
The project “EDUC-SHARE” received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101017526.