The EDUC European University Alliance is about collaboration and learning from each other in every sphere. With EDUC, you can find the best practices in the alliance, share what you know you do well, and find new ways to embrace the challenges of this century together!
Fostering Excellence Through Staff Development
At the EDUC European University Alliance, we understand our dedicated staff's critical role in shaping our educational initiatives' success. We are committed to nurturing and empowering our team members, recognizing that our collective achievements are intricately tied to a collaborative approach to human resources management.
Our mission is to provide lifelong learning opportunities for the workforce of EDUC partner institutions while offering compelling pathways for the growth and career development of both experienced professionals and aspiring scholars.
- EDUC Staff Development Policy: This policy serves as the cornerstone of our shared human resources management principles. It outlines our commitment to fundamental values, including equal opportunities, gender balance, inclusivity, diversity, family-friendliness, work-life balance, fairness, and open access.
- Sustainable Growth: We recognize the importance of evaluating and prioritizing the challenges and opportunities associated with common HR recruitment, development, and assessment management. We are dedicated to ensuring our practices align with all relevant obligations.
- Building on Success: Drawing from our experiences and the effective framework developed during our pilot phase, the expanded EDUC alliance is eager to further enhance our connections with a wide range of stakeholders. Our commitment to dissemination achievements remains at the forefront as we deepen our engagement with partners and collaborators.
Everyone is the best person for something – and EDUC gives you a unique opportunity to share what you do and learn from others.
Share and learn online and offline – Thanks to EDUC’s networks you will be able to share mutually beneficial experiences, tools, and practices.
Find out new ways and experiment – teachers, researchers with administrative staff will assess and compare their own processes and then agree on shared principles to design a common procedure.
EDUC will form common standards within the alliance to ensure that the cooperation within the alliance is as smooth as possible for the staff and other participants. With EDUC’s common brain trust, you can start using the latest technology to enhance your workflow.
Digital workflow – Managers of student and staff mobility will be able to implement fully digital workflows for mobility administration into their work process. The Exchange of IT knowledge and best practices will be facilitated by EDUC’s platform among the eight European university members.
Online and physical local language courses will be shared and accessible on the EDUC portal between universities.
Learn the languages of the alliance – The local language training (French, Italian, German, Czech, Hungarian) contributes to facilitating the implementation of EDUC activities and the development of new cooperation beyond the project. It includes:
- Existing online local language courses within the Alliance at different levels of language courses for staff coming from another country,
- Physical local language courses and existing English courses,
- Tandem system for staff learners: connect with another staff learner from another university and country to practice their own languages together. Regular exchanges will be facilitated on EDUC portal.
In a recent Board of Rectors meeting at the University of Potsdam, leaders of the EDUC European University Alliance gathered to discuss pivotal issues, ranging from national initiatives to the #sustainability of their institutions. The meeting brought to light the dynamic landscape of higher education and the shared commitment of alliance members towards collaborative work.
Global Perspectives: Representatives from EDUC partner institutions shared insights on the alliance's integration into university strategies.
Innovative Strategies: Strategic discussions ranged from broader outreach to science parks and evaluating joint activities with associated partners. The dynamic exchange showcased a commitment to expanding the alliance's reach and impact.
Sustainability in Focus: Universities grappled with the evolving landscape of remote workspaces, emphasizing the importance of maintaining a sense of community. Ideas were shared on team structures, physical workspaces, and even organizing sustainability-focused campus visits during Board of Rectors meetings.
Looking Ahead: As the meeting concluded, the agenda extended to fostering researcher connections, joint applications, and exploring Open Science initiatives.
Photos: ©Thomas Roese | University of Potsdam
Your world just got bigger.